Sunday, June 28, 2015

Toy Engine - Playful Coding

What if I told you there was an easy way to learn coding? If you are in the process of learning, you might think "Awesome! Just what I need", if you have already learned coding you might wonder where this was when you were learning, and if you're a coding purist you may think this is just dumb. Regardless of your initial thought, if you code or want to code, this app is going to rock your world!

Toy Engine is an app that allows users to drag and drop pieces of code in a game - like quest. This ultimately teaches the aspects of coding as well as actual code. This new wave of games as teaching tools I find to be very fun. As I've mentioned on previous psts, I am an avid gamer, so when apps teach me something while I'm playing a game, I usually am very happy.

For example the Microsoft Office - Ribbon Hero 2 is an interactive game - like tutorial of the programs within Office. I had so much fun playing this and learned a couple new things about Office in the process. If there is an app that is going to teach me bits of code, SQL or other information technology concepts, I'm all in. What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment